The Jones Family

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Worst Mother of the Year Award!!! (2009)

And the winner is...ME!

So last Tuesday Lindsay Monroe and I and the kids went to the zoo. She had to be back at 12:30 to watch Hallie but Tate was in desperate need of some diapers. I told her to go home I would stop and get some for her. So I drive up to the store I get out (I left the car running..dont ask me why I never do that) I shut my door and went to open Camerons door...nothing. I started to get that ohmygosh feeling. I tried my door and then I went around trying all the doors nothing! So I ran into the store (because of course my cell phone was in the car too) and I say I need to use a phone right now!! I try calling Ryan like 5 times. Finally the guy tells me that it won't work bc Ryan has a long distance number. CRAP! So I ask for a phone book...by this time im trying to fight the tears from coming. The guy looks up locksmith for me, I figure even if Ryan does answer, by the time he leaves work, drives home, grabs the extra set of keys, and drives back to the zoo almost, itd be close to an hour. I knew Cameron was sleeping and the car was on so I was at least ok knowing he wasn't going to get hot. So the locksmith tells me he is on the 60 and MEsa Dr. so hed be there as fast as possible. I go back outside and I just kept looking in the windows making sure Cameron was sleeping. He woke up after 10 minutes. He kept looking at me, trying to figure out why I was looking at him thru the window! Ha it was funny (the only thing funny about the whole thing!!) Finally the locksmith gets there and gets the car open!!! I was so relieved. I felt like such a terrible mother. I never want to do that again!! Im just grateful for the guys at Walgreens and the locksmith guy helping me out so much and being so quick!!!

6 comments:

Pallets and Pearls said...

You are not the worst mother...we all have our moments. How cute is he just looking through the window at you. You guys should come over to Lindsay's more so I can see his cute little face more often!

Monroe Family said...

That was a fun day...until the car incident. It's totally my fault for being out of diapers and having you stop at the store. I felt so bad!! I better kiss his cute little face a lot to make up for it!

Britttany said...

OOOOOHHHHH! That is not even qualify for a worst mother award! I'm so glad everything turned out okay! If Lincoln got locked in the car with his movie on he could care less if I was inside or outside the car as long as his Baby Einstein's kept playing! If you are prone to leaving your keys in the car, I suggest getting a DVD player for your car! Hehe.

Tarwater Family said...

Don't worry Brianne, I did the same thing, except my car wasn't on and both boys were awake. I had to call the fire department and they almost had to break my window. So needless to say, I am getting a spare key to keep on my car. Glad it all worked out for you.

Erin Tarwater said...

Sad. You are not the worst mother, my mom did that to my older brother in their house, and it was like 2 hours, AND my brother was screaming the whole time! I think it's just a right of passage;).

Anonymous said...

I remember when I locked me and my mom out of the car...while it was running...man was she mad at me...