The Jones Family

Thursday, August 9, 2007

This Day in History...


Ok I am aware that I am kind of a dork, and that I like learning about the past. History was one of my favorite subjects in school. I even thought about getting a teaching degee and then teaching it! I never did...who knows maybe someday.
I decided to post a kind of memorial...This day in History 1945, we dropped the Atomic bomb, nicknamed "fat man" on Nagasaki, Japan, nobody knows the exact death toll, but its estimated between 40,000-80,000. Three days prior on August 6th, 1945, we dropped the first Atomic bomb nicknamed "little boy" on Hiroshima, Japan, killing 80,000 people. Five days later on Aug 14, 1945 Japan surrendered. It is estimated that between 60,000,000-72,000,000 people died in World War ll, from civilians to diseases and famine, and of course all the soliders. (this is not including the Jewish people in Germany, Poland, etc.) I just wanted to take a minute and thank all those soldiers who fought in World War ll and for the soldiers who continue to fight for our freedom. I'd also like to remember all those who died from the Atomic bombs and all the other bombings around the world, may their deaths always be remembered. Hopefully the Atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima will remain a singulair event, and the world will never again know Nuclear war.

7 comments:

Britttany said...

deja vu!! it must be a weird twin thing, but for some reason on my way to work today, i was thinking about the a-bomb's that were dropped in japan... and i have no idea why!!! WOAH!- okay now that i said that, thank you for this post and thank you to all the soldiers, i sometime can take for granted our freedom, but i'm truly grateful for everyone who serves our great country!!

The Jones Family said...

weird!!! It must be the twin thing!

The Heredia Family said...

Thanks today you have made me a smarter woman!!!!

Monroe Family said...

Nice post Annie, now I feel very patriotic this morning!

Monroe Family said...

Brianne Monroe Jones I demand a new posting!!!

Monroe Family said...

BRIANNE RAE MOJO you are very exciting and must have something to post... show pics of your house or of you or of Ryan or discuss how many kids you want to have and what you want their names to be.... I don't care, just something!!!!

Britttany said...

new post please